Monday, November 28, 2011

A Beanie for my Babie!



Hi,

Mondays are for Mending.....this is true for me.  I got ALL my mending done today and it felt so good!  Now tomorrow I will have time for my fun projects...I hope! 

Over the Thanksgiving break I was crocheting away.....I am just learning and the picture above was my third attempt.  I was trying to make a square dish cloth...but it became more like a little beanie so I continued and made this adorable little beanie cap for my dear Nephew.  HE LOVED IT!  He must be a hat lover because he just wore it all night long and took it home with him.... AND my older nephew who is 12 asked me to make him one in black and red. 

I love that even my little practice items are bringing joy to someone.

I am loving my new-found desire to create what ever I can with what I have.  I have spent some money on material and yarn and will NOT spend any more money on anything until I have done the following...
1.  created my christmas apron
2. created my rose apron
3. finished the pink baby quilt I started 2 years ago...yup...this little girl is now 2!
4. I am going to re-purpose clothing, dolies, and other pieces of fabric to make myself a comfortable, long house dress.

I really mean it.  I am not going to spend any money on anything until I have used everying in this house that I can to create useful things for the home. LIKE...

dish clothes
table clothes
cleaning towels
cloth napkins
hot plates
sewing basket
shawls
hats
kleenex covers
curtains
dresses
skirts

etc....getting more and more ideas from my new Favorite Book...


Sew you later!

XOXOXOX

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment