Friday, December 2, 2011

The Making of a Christmas Apron


Good Morning,

What a beautiful day to do some sewing!  Especially something Christmasy....so put on your Christmas tunes and warm up the sewing machine because we are going to make this adorable apron in one day! I actually did this a couple days ago and it took about 2 hours.  So easy!

OK...this is my first attempt at this style apron so I have made some mistakes.  But you just rip out the stitch or "make it work" right!

First, I sort of read the instructions.  Then I started laying out the pattern and of course my Romeo was by my side the whole way.  He always likes to get in on what is going on in the house.







You do ALOT of ironing...so fire up the iron so it's nice and hot so you can press down the seems.  Sewing them will be SEW much easier.  :)


Lay it out and play around with the pocket placement and pin the gathers.


After I had cut the pattern, pinned, laid it out, ironed, and sewed it together.....I found I had made a mistake....the style I had thought I was making has a nice flare at the ends more like an A line skirt.

see below picture.




However, I ended up making the skirt bottom for style A.  I did not realize this until I put it on.

So this morning I am headed to my Mentor Marcie.....for help in adding the bib to finish this apron so it looks like the picture below.


 Here is how it looks today...




SO I am OFF to Marcie's for HELP!! 

Enjoy this day and the weekend.  AND

SEW YOU LATER!

Jenny






4 comments:

  1. so cute! Can't wait to see the finished product. I didn't see this blog before! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!! Great job! I just did a post about aprons this morning and stumbled onto this link from your main link ~ fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies...now that I am home full time, I have to be productive like the proverbs 31 woman. :)

    So far it is going really well.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete