Monday, November 21, 2011

Mondays are for....Mending!




Hi Ladies,

I am ashamed to show you the above picture...but honestly it is how I have kept the down in this comforter for the past 6 years or MORE.  Yes, I am sorry to say that I was too lazy to fix it the right way.  SO Monday's are for Mending. 

I had a brown tunic and an apron to fix as well so I got to work on that right away. 



 Ok, maybe I am still a little lazy...I just kept the brown tread in the machine and fixed the hole in the comforter.  No one will see as this is hidden under a duvet.



That felt SOOO GOOD to get that done....now on to the apron.

I have worn this one a lot and the seam was ripping from the waist section to the apron skirt.  I put some pink thread in the machine and fixed this up super quick....then I went on to make another pink scarf to give as a gift.





It is a beautiful, sunny, warm fall day here in the Midwest and I can't think of a better way to spend my time...oh well, not really.  I can......BUT Monday's are for Mending....and I do some other housework as well.  Mop the floors, clean the bathrooms, vacuum the house.  Then the house is clean for the week. 




Above is the rest of the mending I have to do today Before I get to the FUN sewing project below.  A super cute Christmas apron!




This fabric in this full skirt style apron....or maybe the one below that with the bib....can't decide...



I also am going to be putting together a few more scarfs using the cream fabric in the below picture. 




Have a fabulous Thanksgiving Week! 

XOXOXO

and Sew you Later!  ( I know, that's cheesy...but that's me!)

Jenny


1 comment: